If you have the talents but are struggling to produce quality leads, Thumbtack can help. For the right reasons, the gig economy is thriving by leaps and bounds.
It enables people to supplement their income while taking a break from their grueling 9-5 jobs.
Thumbtack is another platform that connects skilled people with clients, assisting them in growing their enterprises.
While a few people join the site to generate quality leads, it also assists others in starting their enterprises from the ground up.
An unbiased evaluation will provide information about its features, how it operates, and whether it is a trustworthy source of income.
What Is Thumbtack?
Thumbtack is a website that allows users to find, employ, and evaluate service providers.
It has a large number of professionals and businesses that specialize in various fields such as health and wellness, photography, home improvement, pets, and more.
It benefits both the clients and the professionals. The former can recruit qualified individuals to manage day-to-day tasks.
The latter, on the other hand, have the opportunity to sell their abilities and earn money.
However, the platform’s benefits go beyond that. You’ll also see price quotes for popular services in your business. This assists you in determining and setting competitive charges.
Features of Thumbtack
If you want to join the platform and make money, you’re probably curious about Thumbtack’s features. Fortunately, the platform meets the needs of both professionals and clients.
The following are some popular features:
Profile of a Tasker
Each tasker, or individual specialized in providing specific solutions, can create their own profile. They have complete control over their portfolio, price, and preferences.
Taskers, for example, can charge whatever they want for their services.
They are not restricted from setting a precise price by the platform. They can also specify their preferences, such as location, job type, and working hours.
Thumbtack is one of the few platforms that offer a money-back guarantee. It protects clients who employ taskers through the marketplace against property damage.
If the tasker produces unanticipated damage or fails to finish the appointed task, the insurance will pay up to $1000.
Clients may also be eligible for a money-back guarantee if the tasker does not provide the services promised.
On Thumbtack, over 250,000 local professionals provide services in over 1000 categories each quarter. While this says volumes about the site’s reputation, reviewing its evaluations will provide a more in-depth understanding of the platform’s dependability.
“Thumbtack changes the game for me since I no longer have to worry about how I’m going to get my next client,” says Jeanne, a music instructor on the platform.
Other taskers on the platform have received similar feedback. They are certain that Thumbtack like app allows them to connect with clients and build their businesses.
Select the services
To begin, select the location and job type that best matches your services.
This will take you to the page where you will describe your services. If you cannot locate a service that meets your needs, enter it in the “Other” box.
After selecting appropriate services, click the “Next” button, and the platform will present a list of services depending on the ones you selected.
This enables you to select additional jobs from the list to reach out to more consumers. If you select the incorrect category or desire to move to another provider, you may always alter your services.
All you have to do is go to your profile, select the services you want, and save.
When you click the “Next” button after selecting the appropriate services, a sign-up box will appear, directing you to another page. You can sign up using your:
- Google Account
- Email address for official correspondence
- Facebook page
- Make sure to choose a strong password for whatever medium you choose.
Create Your Profile
Signing up is only the beginning of the story. To attract clients, you must create a profile. The stronger your profile, the better your chances of increasing your business.
Here’s what you’d need to fill out when creating your profile.
- Specifics regarding the services you’ll offer
- Your profile photo (consider uploading a crisp and professional photo for clients to see)
- Your personal information, such as your date of birth, name, and address.
Pros and Cons of Thumbtack
Pros of Thumbtack as below:
- Over 1000 different specialties – You can offer over 1000 different services in 12 different categories ranging from events to wellness.
- There are no monthly fees to join and begin delivering your services. You are also free to work whenever it is convenient for you.
- Only pay when people contact you – you must pay a lead cost ranging from $1.50 to $10 or more anytime you get a new customer.
- Get a refund on cancellations – If a consumer cancels your gig, you can seek a return of 100% of your lead fee.
- The platform is adaptable. Thumbtack allows you to select your preferred projects and schedule your work hours and days.
Cons of Thumbtack as below:
- High competition – with over 250,000 professionals, the cost of leads may be too expensive if you want to be employed.
- Payments are not processed on the site; instead, you must arrange for clients to pay you directly, which can take up to 30 days.
The popularity of gig economy jobs is growing by the day. Individuals looking for ways to supplement their income to suit their necessities.
Thumbtack connects you to clients. You need to give your business a boost if you’re proficient at any task but can’t locate consumers.